Thanks for visiting!
My name is Amy LaRoche, L.M.F.T. I have provided mental health services for youths, adolescents, individuals, couples and families in Fairfield, Connecticut since 1996. My philosophy on psychotherapy is simple:
Creating change is difficult and takes effort. A person cannot be happy and content with their relationships with others, without first being happy and content with themselves. By looking at yourself, where you have been, where you are now and how you use what you have been given, whether environmental or biological, you can understand the changes in your behavior that are necessary to function in this world at an optimal level. A level where you feel good about yourself and enjoy healthy, fulfilling relationships.
I bring my philosophy to bear by providing my clients with a quiet, private setting designed to facilitate the hard work every person must do on their journey of self improvement.
I specialize in:
- Substance abuse
- Grief and loss
- Communication skills
- Inter-personal relationships
- Family dynamics
- Marriage counseling
- Adolescent needs
With my help, you can develop the skills and tools necessary to:
- Create desired change
- Improve the health and strength of your relationships
- Manage stress, depression and anxiety
- Cope with the challenges of loss, whether through death or divorce
- Develop techniques and skills to improve verbal and physical communication
- Strengthen your marriage and family dynamics
- Open communications with your adolescent
- Create change in family therapy
Accepted Health Plans: Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Oxford and United Behavioral Health